תחום מחקר עיקרי: ניהול פיננסי
דואר אלקטרוני: firstname.lastname@example.org
מיקום המשרד: בניין ג'ייקובס, חדר 614
שעות קבלה: בתיאום מראש
Sagi Akron is a lecturer (assistant professor of finance) at the Graduate School of Management, University of Haifa. Dr. Akron holds a Ph.D. in finance, from Tel Aviv University - The Faculty of Management, The Leon Recanati Graduate School of Business Administration. His research focuses on corporate finance and corporate governance - managerial compensation, corporate hedging, and the value of control, anomalies in light of business cycles, business cycles and real estate public sentiment, the financial implications of corporate social responsibility. He teaches managerial economics, corporate finance, and investments.
1. Akron, Sagi, Market Reactions to Dividend Announcements under Different Business Cycles, November-December 2011, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Vol. 47, Supplement 5, pp. 72-85.
2. Akron, Sagi and Benninga Simon, Production and hedging implications of executive compensation schemes, 2013, Journal of Corporate Finance, Volume 19(1), pp. 119-139.
* MFA2011 Best Paper Award in Corporate Finance – McGraw Hill 2011
3. Akron, Sagi, Market Reaction Implications of the SEO Package Composition at the TASE, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 2013, Vol. 49, Supplement 1, pp. 77–93.
* EBES 2011 Conference – Zagreb Finalist of Best Paper Award 2011
4. Hareli Shlomo, David Shlomo, Akron Sagi, and Hess Ursula, 2013, The Effect of a Negotiator's Social Power on Negotiations as a Function of the Counterpart's Emotional Reactions in a Computer Mediated Negotiation, Europe's Journal of Psychology, Vol. 9(4), 820-831.
5. Portnov A., Boris and Akron, Sagi, 2014, Identification of Housing Market Trends and Factors Affecting Them: The Greater Haifa Metropolitan Area in Israel as a Case Study, Journal of Real Estate Literature, Volume 22 (2), pp. 177-203.
6. Disegni M. Dafna, Huly Moshe, and Akron, Sagi, 2015, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental Leadership and Financial Performance, Social Responsibility Journal, Vol. 11 (1), pp. 131-148.
7. Portnov, Boris A., Ingene, Charles, and Akron, Sagi, 2015, Long-Term Natural Cycle Momentum and Housing Price Changes in Israel, 1995-2013, Forthcoming in Journal of Real Estate Research.
8. Akron, Sagi, 2016, Business Cycles and the Expectations of Short-Term Central Bank Rate in light of Construal Level Theory, in Eurasia Business Review, Vol.6(2), pp. 171 -187. DOI: 10.1007/s40821-016-0043-7
9. Parnes, Dror, Akron, Sagi, 2016, Rating the credit rating agencies, Applied Economics, Forthcoming, Online DOI: 10.1080/00036846.2016.1164826.
10. Akron, Sagi, Feinblit, Ofek, Hareli, Shlomo, and Tzafrir, Shay, 2016, Employment Arrangements Diversity and Work Group Performance, Team Performance Management, Forthcoming, DOI 10.1108/TPM-11-2015-0053.
11. Parnes, Dror, Akron, Sagi, 2016, The Life Expectancy of Fallen Angels, Journal of Investing.Forthcoming, [American Institutional Investor Journals]
12. Taussig, Roi D., and Akron, Sagi, 2016, Returns to Scale, Operating Leverage, and Expected Stock Returns, Forthcoming in Eurasia Business Review. DOI 10.1007/s40821-016-0053-5.
Papers under Review/ Revision
1. Akron, Sagi, and Roy Gelbard, Software Code Flexibility Profitability in Light of Technology Life Cycle, Latest version May 2016, Under Review.
2. Akron, Sagi, The Optimal Derivative-based Corporate Hedging Strategy under Equity-linked Managerial Compensation, August 2015, Under Review.
3. Akron, Sagi and Samdani, Taufique, The IPO Appraisal Paradox in Light of a Non-Discretionary Allocation Regulatory Act, latest version August 2016, Under Review.
4. Shoham, Aviv, Gavish, Yossi, Segev, Sigal, and Akron, Sagi, Consumers’ Frugality and Hoarding: Antecedents and Behavioral Outcomes, Under Review.
5. Akron, Sagi and Samdani, Taufique, Investor Protection and Institutional Investors’ Incentive for Information Production, latest version May 2016, Revise and Resubmit.
6. Shoshi Ofek, Akron, Sagi, Boris A. Portnov, Stimulating Green Construction by Influencing Decision-making of Main Players, latest version January 2016, Under Review.